The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackride

My wife and I thought it was OK. When I compare it to shows like BSG,LOST and Firefly it leaves me a bit wanting. I will give it a few weeks as I do not think it's totally fair to judge a series on a pilot.

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

I thought they did a pretty good job establishing things.  Production values look pretty good for TV.  But (and I know this has been discussed), aren't they kind of rewriting a bit of what happened in the movies?  Especially with what happened at the end of the pilot episode.  Anyway, I'll keep watching.  A new SF show on the air is great to have right now.

X

I think that change is what allows them to ignore the last movie and if Sarah can change the date of Skynet's bith several times, it should be assumed that T3 is just another of those timelines that got changed.

space_invader64

I have to say the thought of being 15 year old boy and having to time travel with a cute female robot and your mother all totally naked is a bizarre thought.  I think Sigmund Freud would have something to say about that.

Geekyfanboy

Terminator Destroys Competition
Source: Variety
January 14, 2008

Fox's Sunday debut of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" scored the best opening night demographic ratings of any new show in three years, while NBC's not-so-lustruous Golden Globes special barely registered with audiences, reports Variety.

Boosted by strong marketing and a big NFL playoffs lead-in, the Warner Bros. TV-produced "Terminator" notched an eye-popping 7.6 rating/18 share among adults 18-49 and delivered around 18.3 million viewers with its one-hour premiere Sunday at 8.

"Terminator" gave Fox its best premiere numbers for a scripted show in eight years, since "Malcolm in the Middle" became an instant hit on a January Sunday night in 2000.

"Terminator" also ended the two-week reign of "American Gladiators" as the season's biggest premiere. Fox's scripted series outdrew "Gladiators" by 30 percent in the demographic and by 50 percent in overall viewers.

PepperDude

I really liked the first episode. I will definitely watch the second episode  tonight.

Bryancd

OK, finally had a chance to watch the first episode and I am recording the second. It was good, not yet awesome for me, but pretty good. I think Sarah's character is ok, the actress is a little too young looking but otherwise fine, John is good, the teenage terminator I have a hard time with, but I'll reserve judgement. She just adds this lame tenniebopper element that I don't dig. I also thought the guy Terminator was weak. I mean he misses John from ten feet away in a classroom? The ending was very good.

Geekyfanboy

Just got done watching the second episode and I'm still loving it. Lot's of action and the sfx were pretty cool. I have a soft spot for Summer Glau ever since Firefly and love watching her kick butt.

moyer777

We watched it tonight too.  Liked it.  I hope it keeps being this good.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Where can I see the shows??  I have no TV!!!!!! /cry 

jk

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Maybe check www.fox.com

I really enjoyed the second episode.  I think this series has some good potential.  It's interesting and I'm liking the casting a lot.  I was a bit confused by where all the terminator parts came from in 2007.  I saw the head zap through with them in time, but where did the rest of the body come from?  Didn't that get blasted by Sarah in the bank?  Is that another terminator?  Anyway, not a huge thing.  Again, really enjoying the series.

X

SPOILERS

From what I gathered, the terminator was the one that they blew up. On a scarrier note, did you notice what the other terminator saw when he looked at Cameron?

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on January 14, 2008, 07:04:35 PM
OK, finally had a chance to watch the first episode and I am recording the second. It was good, not yet awesome for me, but pretty good. I think Sarah's character is ok, the actress is a little too young looking but otherwise fine, John is good, the teenage terminator I have a hard time with, but I'll reserve judgement. She just adds this lame tenniebopper element that I don't dig. I also thought the guy Terminator was weak. I mean he misses John from ten feet away in a classroom? The ending was very good.

This is exactly how I felt.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 15, 2008, 04:49:35 AM
I was a bit confused by where all the terminator parts came from in 2007.  I saw the head zap through with them in time, but where did the rest of the body come from?  Didn't that get blasted by Sarah in the bank?  Is that another terminator? 

Here is how I understood it.. yes the head did come through when Sarah, John and Cameron. It was mentioned several times in the second episode that Sarah and John died in a bank blast. So I'm thinking that the Terminator body was part of the ruble when the bank vault blew up. It was tossed in a junk yard with the rest of the bank ruble and sat there for eight years.

Geekyfanboy

Sarah's Chronicles a Winner
Posted by Sam on Tuesday, 15 Jan 2008

Fox has itself a hit show. The only question that remains is — how long before they dump it?

This week's premiere of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" crushed all of its competition on Sunday and again last night for episode two of the new television series showcasing the Connors — Sarah, John and those terminating robots from the future. In fact the ratings were the highest for any new show over the last three years.

The most impressive thing about the program's ratings is it appealed mostly to network's and advertiser's most important demographic, the 18-49 age group which gave the show an overall 18 share which equates to a 7.6 Nielsen rating. Those kinds of ratings measure out to a viewership amounting to over 18 million people sitting in front of their TV screens watching the show live. The numbers for the TiVO and DVR watchers is still filtering in but is expected to also break previous records for a debut show.

Of course it didn't hurt it any for that demographic to have an NFL championship "division" playoff game as the show's lead-in on Sunday night.

"What I'm looking at with the glass half full is strong numbers, the No. 1 premiere of the season," stated Fox Entertainment chair Peter Liguori. "In terms of realistically looking forward, we'll try to dig down as deep as possible to see what our expectations might be. From there we'll see how we can grind it out week to week," he said.