The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Just watched the first two and I have to say "Two thumbs up!".  It looks really promising! 

Lets hear it for Fox!

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

wraith1701

Quote from: Kinglinksr on January 15, 2008, 12:32:05 PM
Just watched the first two and I have to say "Two thumbs up!".  It looks really promising! 

Lets hear it for Fox!

King
I agree, king; this show looks like it will be pretty good! :)   The fight choreographers did a great job with the terminator vs. terminator melee scenes- they reminds me of the fight scenes from Terminator II.  And like someone mentioned earlier, the effects are pretty good, especially for a TV show! 
The use of the new model of "Protector-Bot" is pretty interesting; I get the impression that this version is modeled on someone who is very important to John Conner in the post-judgement day future...

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: wraith1701 on January 15, 2008, 03:33:16 PM
Quote from: Kinglinksr on January 15, 2008, 12:32:05 PM

Lets hear it for Fox!

King
I agree, king; this show looks like it will be pretty good! :)   The fight choreographers did a great job with the terminator vs. terminator melee scenes- they reminds me of the fight scenes from Terminator II.  And like someone mentioned earlier, the effects are pretty good, especially for a TV show! 
The use of the new model of "Protector-Bot" is pretty interesting; I get the impression that this version is modeled on someone who is very important to John Conner in the post-judgement day future...

Actually, the scenes more reminded me of the 3rd movie.  But w/e it doesn't matter.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

moyer777

Itunes has Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles the pilot episode for free download right now.

Pretty cool.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

jedijeff

I watched the Fist two episodes last night, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I was surprised at the end of the Pilot that they transported to 2007, but thought it was cool. I still could not really figure out how all those parts for the Gun and the time machine showed up in the bank vault. I know someone came back earlier and placed them there, but how? Since they travel with nothing through time. I might have missed that explanation, so if someone could explain that would be cool. I thought it was cool how the Terminator tracking them showed up in the 2007, and reclaimed his head at the end. I do agree that he seemed a bit lame when trying to shoot John, that he missed, but I think I can let it slide ;) . Overall I thought the casting was good, I like this John a lot better then the Edward Furlong John in T2, actually I like any John better then Edward Furlong's. I liked the female Terminator as well, she seems to play the role well, and as I would expect her to. Looking forward to the next week.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: jedijeff on January 17, 2008, 06:26:39 AM
I still could not really figure out how all those parts for the Gun and the time machine showed up in the bank vault. I know someone came back earlier and placed them there, but how? Since they travel with nothing through time. I might have missed that explanation, so if someone could explain that would be cool.

Cameron explains that they can't travel through time with anything so they send back people to the past to "build" this stuff. She says something like they are very resourceful in finding what they need. As for how they got in the vault, the person who came back from the future to build those things got a job in the construction of the vault when the back when it was built.

jedijeff

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 17, 2008, 07:41:10 AM
Quote from: jedijeff on January 17, 2008, 06:26:39 AM
I still could not really figure out how all those parts for the Gun and the time machine showed up in the bank vault. I know someone came back earlier and placed them there, but how? Since they travel with nothing through time. I might have missed that explanation, so if someone could explain that would be cool.

Cameron explains that they can't travel through time with anything so they send back people to the past to "build" this stuff. She says something like they are very resourceful in finding what they need. As for how they got in the vault, the person who came back from the future to build those things got a job in the construction of the vault when the back when it was built.

Thanks Kenny, I must have missed the resourceful part of her explanation. That clears it up for me :)

MouseSlayer

liked it alot and i hope it goes places. its got a real shot being about the only thing running thats new. although i have one nagging inconsistancy. when the t101 head flys into the timesphere and goes too.  . . i keep hearing Lt Rese cuffed to the chair yelling "surrounded by living tissue" shoulda left flesh on the flying head.  . . eek that sounds gross.
insert humorous quote here*

Rico

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

--- Oh welcome to the forum MouseSlayer!

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

MouseSlayer

Blackride

Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 03:11:37 PM
WOW . . .  The RICO! honored.

What about the Blackride......I feel like a second class citizen! That's kinda how my wife and kid treat me! jk
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

MouseSlayer

WOW ...the  . . um . . blackride?!

sorry i must be too new around here still have thwe "getting to know you " song as a background theme.

i gotta fill out my profile.

Blackride

Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 03:32:00 PM
WOW ...the  . . um . . blackride?!

sorry i must be too new around here still have thwe "getting to know you " song as a background theme.

i gotta fill out my profile.

Don't worry I have 300 posts and people still think I am a troll! :)