The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouseSlayer

sorta on this thread,

ive read a few of the books and they explain how time isn't as linear as it could be and how it snaps back to it's original path . so you may not stop huge events from occuring but you can change the circumstance and possibly mitigate the damage. but not change that it actually happens.

i hope they use the same explaination or some explaination soon of what is occuring to get us grounded in the suspension of disbelief factor. even if the characters basically bring up the question (sorta have), determine that they don't know and swear to resolve the issue.maybe have an hypothisis by the end of the first season.

yeah that would be nice.

Ohhh im an Ensign!  shiny....
insert humorous quote here*

Bryancd

Quote from: Blackride on January 19, 2008, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 03:32:00 PM
WOW ...the  . . um . . blackride?!

sorry i must be too new around here still have thwe "getting to know you " song as a background theme.

i gotta fill out my profile.

Don't worry I have 300 posts and people still think I am a troll! :)

Yes, but you are a fellow athlete :).

And Welcome to the Mouse!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 01:40:56 PM
liked it alot and i hope it goes places. its got a real shot being about the only thing running thats new. although i have one nagging inconsistancy. when the t101 head flys into the timesphere and goes too.  . . i keep hearing Lt Rese cuffed to the chair yelling "surrounded by living tissue" shoulda left flesh on the flying head.  . . eek that sounds gross.

I think when Sarah shots him with that gun, right before they time jump, the flesh is removed  leaving just the skull.

Blackride

Quote from: Bryancd on January 19, 2008, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: Blackride on January 19, 2008, 03:48:12 PM
Quote from: MouseSlayer on January 19, 2008, 03:32:00 PM
WOW ...the  . . um . . blackride?!

sorry i must be too new around here still have thwe "getting to know you " song as a background theme.

i gotta fill out my profile.

Don't worry I have 300 posts and people still think I am a troll! :)

Yes, but you are a fellow athlete :).

And Welcome to the Mouse!

I feel loved again!  :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Just saw Summer Glau interview (she plays Cameron) and she said they completed 9 of their 13 episodes before the writer strike. So it looks like we will get at least nine of them.

Rico

Awesome news!  I didn't think that had quite that many.  So we have about two months of the show.  New episode tonight too.

Geekyfanboy

She also mentioned that they were able to tweak episode nine a little to make is a really good finale.

Blackride

Decent episode today but why in the heck can't that girl fit in at High School when in the pilot she fooled everyone? Little contunity problem :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah.. not a bad episode. Didn't understand the who painted door and girl killing herself.. I assume will find out more. After Cameron fitting in at school in the pilot and now she seems to be a fish out of water. I think her character changed from pilot to series.

moyer777

That was a very intense episode.  Wow.  They are making it so we are on the edge of our seats.  And now, we have to wait two weeks!   :shocked

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 21, 2008, 10:06:20 PM
Yeah.. not a bad episode. Didn't understand the who painted door and girl killing herself.. I assume will find out more. After Cameron fitting in at school in the pilot and now she seems to be a fish out of water. I think her character changed from pilot to series.

Yeah, I don't understand the door thing either at the school.  Is that just a high school thing or is it related to the overall plot?  Seems odd to put it in if it isn't connected.  I didn't mind Cameron acting kind of goofy and not fitting in.  I think she can fit in when she wants to.  She seems to be able to even fool Sarah and John as we saw near the end of the episode - when she decides to do that.  I think much of this series will revolve around just what she is.  I think she is a lot more than just your average terminator.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on January 22, 2008, 05:29:10 AM
  I think she is a lot more than just your average terminator.

I agree with you 100%

wraith1701

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 21, 2008, 10:06:20 PM
It looked like a picture of the girl making out with someone, and the other girls were teasing her about it.

As many of you know, things tend to take on much more significance than they actually have for some teenagers.  I guess the girl figured she couldn't live with "the shame of it all".  Perhaps the director was just trying to set up how rough high school can be, so that we can further empathize with Cameron and John's attempts to fit in.

QuoteI think she is a lot more than just your average terminator.

I have a feeling that we are going to see a weird machine/human romance develop between John and Cameron.

Bryancd

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 22, 2008, 07:53:44 AM

I agree with you 100%

Yes, but that really doesn't explain why in the first show she could blend in and now she is the fish out of water. That's a weak construct on the part of the writers. The rest of the episode was very good, especially the Treminator using that scientist to develop the skin regeneration goo. And the girl jumping from the roof, good for them for taking that risk. She's no Claire from Heroe's!

Geekyfanboy

Pilots are shot months in advance to sell the series.. maybe they decided to have Cameron not fit in so well in the series.. makes for better stories. It's a minor thing for me.. so I can over look it. Also you could say she was trying to get close to John in the pilot so she acted that way.. now she is protecting him and acting more like a protector.

Quote from: Bryancd on January 22, 2008, 06:02:05 PM
Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on January 22, 2008, 07:53:44 AM

I agree with you 100%

Yes, but that really doesn't explain why in the first show she could blend in and now she is the fish out of water. That's a weak construct on the part of the writers. The rest of the episode was very good, especially the Treminator using that scientist to develop the skin regeneration goo. And the girl jumping from the roof, good for them for taking that risk. She's no Claire from Heroe's!