The Sarah Connor Chronicles - spoilers

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 29, 2006, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wraith1701

I enjoyed the last episode.  The series is really growing on me; the writers' use of little dangling plot threads each episodes leaves me eagerly awaiting the next show.

I liked the interaction between Sarah's paramedic ex and Cameron, when he was comparing her to the triple-8 --"You're a really scary robot!" :laugh:

About the time paradox thing- that bothered me for a while, until I reached into my bag of sci-fi plot-devices.   Perhaps by tampering with the time line, the time travelers cause the timeline to split into parallel realities.  I don't know...

The part of the episode that got to me the most was the idea of terminators going bad.  We've now seen that Cameron is capable of lying (at least to Sarah), and apparently has her own agenda.  She flat out said that she would destroy all traces of the triple-8, and yet she seems to have some kind of fascination or attachment to its control chip.  What is she planning to do with it?

MouseSlayer

let see ... she has metal alloy, a futuristic CPU, and we never did see her trash all the bagged skin. . . might she be considering building a friend??

or are they just replacement parts for when she gets too banged up.
insert humorous quote here*

moyer777

I wrote an email in to the skynext podcast Chronicle #6 "D&D" and they read it about one our eight minutes in to the show.  I was being a total smart alec in it. 
I combined Heroes and Sarah Connor Chronicles into a question.

http://www.skynextpodcast.com

Very funny, download it and check it out! 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

This is soooooo true.

Rico

Cool cartoon Kenny.  The last episode was interesting.  I liked the ties in to the second movie.  Summer Glau is quite the ballerina.  Next week we get the season (or maybe series) 2 hr. finale.  I hope the show returns.  Any word on that yet?

Geekyfanboy

Well Summer Glau is a professional Ballerina.. that is how Joss Whedon discovered her.. she was casted in an episode of Angel as a ballerina.

Rico

Yes, I recalled that after seeing her perform in this episode.

moyer777

I think she (Summer) is doing a pretty amazing job if you ask me.  She is able to be cold and mechanical, and then at times graceful and human.  It is eerie and fascinating all at the same time.  That must be hard to do, yet it is coming off on screen as brilliant.

I haven't ever seen the Terminator movies, but the series is pretty cool.  I hope it will be back again.  No pun intended. :)

Geekyfanboy

I hope this series gets pick up for a second season.. I really enjoyed this series and I just finished the season finale and it was a really good ending for the shorten season. This was only episode nine of original thirteen but still had a nice cliffhanger ending. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that Fox won't pull a Firefly and cancel this really good series before it's time.

moyer777

Wow. That was pretty awesome.

Ok, best and most interesting scene.. well there were two of them.

One, when John takes the chip out of Cameron's head
Two, when the FBI agents and Swat unit fall into the swimming pool.  Wow, unique and very well done.  It conveyed so much emotion yet I hadn't seen anything quite like it before.   

so what in the world happened to Cameron???

:confused

Rico

I liked the 2 hours.  Had some interesting moments in it.  The scene on John's birthday in the park with his Uncle was nice.  Also thought looking at all the data on the chip was kind of interesting.  But, I was hoping things got a little more wrapped up - to a degree.  Of course, they couldn't solve everything but if this show doesn't come back it's just going to be another bad ending short series in Fox's library.

X

I'm starting to think that john built her from scratch. Did anyone else notice how her port and chip are different and that the tripple 8's don't know what model she is?

X

Found her model number according to fox ads, she's a TOK-715 ... Now if we only knew what that meant.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on March 04, 2008, 04:48:45 AM
But, I was hoping things got a little more wrapped up - to a degree.  Of course, they couldn't solve everything but if this show doesn't come back it's just going to be another bad ending short series in Fox's library.

How could have they wrapped it up.. this was episode number 9 or 13.. the other four were never written because of the strike. So the series just ended.. the episode that ended the season was not their intended last episode.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Just X on March 04, 2008, 05:51:18 AM
I'm starting to think that john built her from scratch. Did anyone else notice how her port and chip are different and that the tripple 8's don't know what model she is?

I agree with you Chris... she is special.