Hasbro FX Sabers

Started by Rico, May 28, 2011, 03:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtlesrock

Quote from: WillEagle on May 30, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
Looks cool Rico! And Turtlesrock I don't even have a $10 one.

least i'm not alone... :)

Rico

Quote from: turtlesrock on May 30, 2011, 12:19:58 PM

I always tell people, if you are a "Star Wars" fan and want just one collectible, you NEED a Force FX lightsaber.  Really, there is nothing cooler out there.

turtlesrock

Quote from: Rico on May 30, 2011, 12:23:52 PM
Quote from: turtlesrock on May 30, 2011, 12:19:58 PM

I always tell people, if you are a "Star Wars" fan and want just one collectible, you NEED a Force FX lightsaber.  Really, there is nothing cooler out there.

i think i'm more of a trekkie than a star wars fan. by the way, are there any names for star wars fans? you know, like a star trek fan is a trekkie or trekker. just wondering.

Bryancd

Then you need an Art Asylum/Diamond select phaser, my son! Less then $30 and lot's of fun!

turtlesrock

i have a cardboard phaser type 1 i built last year! at school once we had a contest to see who would make the best slow-mo death scene. it was really fun.  :biggrin

nah, i'm saving up for the TNG innerspace figures.
(they are going to be awesome!)

Bryancd

Quote from: turtlesrock on May 30, 2011, 01:34:17 PM
i have a cardboard phaser type 1 i built last year! at school once we had a contest to see who would make the best slow-mo death scene. it was really fun.  :biggrin

Post some pics, be proud of you home made props! Back in the late '70's and '80's that's ALL guys like me and Rico had, and we made them! I made a communicator out of balsa wood and my friend and I made a full size transporter console out of plywood and gum drops for lights! I wish I still had that communicator...

turtlesrock

Quote from: Bryancd on May 30, 2011, 07:34:48 PM
Quote from: turtlesrock on May 30, 2011, 01:34:17 PM
i have a cardboard phaser type 1 i built last year! at school once we had a contest to see who would make the best slow-mo death scene. it was really fun.  :biggrin

Post some pics, be proud of you home made props! Back in the late '70's and '80's that's ALL guys like me and Rico had, and we made them! I made a communicator out of balsa wood and my friend and I made a full size transporter console out of plywood and gum drops for lights! I wish I still had that communicator...

woah, a whole transporter console?! wow! :o

Bryancd

Nice work! Yeah, we built it in my buddies basement over the course of a summer, wish I had pics, it actually looked realy good. We need to get Rico to post a pic of an entire bridge section he built!

QuadShot

Wow, y'all better never make fun of my Disneyland Pin collecting!! :)

Rico

Like Bryan said, my first stuff was ALL home made.  I took the Trek Tech Manual and built phasers, tricorders, etc. all out of heavy cardboard.  Rigged them with some electronics and covered them in black contact paper.  If I can dig all those things out of my boxes, I'll try and do a podcast about all that some time.  Ahh, those were good times!  :)

KingIsaacLinksr

I made star ships years ago.  Granted, out of K'Nex, cheaper and less messy ;).

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on May 31, 2011, 08:28:05 AM
Like Bryan said, my first stuff was ALL home made.  I took the Trek Tech Manual and built phasers, tricorders, etc. all out of heavy cardboard.  Rigged them with some electronics and covered them in black contact paper.  If I can dig all those things out of my boxes, I'll try and do a podcast about all that some time.  Ahh, those were good times!  :)

Yeah, the Technical manual was my bible as well! I can remember searching hardware stores to find metal with small holes in it to make my communicator antennae. I also recall being at the NYC Con in the early '80's and seeing those very early Ed Miarecki phasers being for sale for hundreds of dollars!

X

Quote from: Bryancd on May 31, 2011, 08:44:09 AM
Quote from: Rico on May 31, 2011, 08:28:05 AM
Like Bryan said, my first stuff was ALL home made.  I took the Trek Tech Manual and built phasers, tricorders, etc. all out of heavy cardboard.  Rigged them with some electronics and covered them in black contact paper.  If I can dig all those things out of my boxes, I'll try and do a podcast about all that some time.  Ahh, those were good times!  :)
Yeah, the Technical manual was my bible as well! I can remember searching hardware stores to find metal with small holes in it to make my communicator antennae. I also recall being at the NYC Con in the early '80's and seeing those very early Ed Miarecki phasers being for sale for hundreds of dollars!
Yeah, in the days where radio shack sold a store full of switches, boards, transistors, and ham radios.

Oh and metal detectors ... lots of metal detectors.

turtlesrock

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on May 31, 2011, 08:33:12 AM
I made star ships years ago.  Granted, out of K'Nex, cheaper and less messy ;).

King

i do too! legos and k'nex are my favorite starship materials.

now to build a tricorder that really works... ;)

WillEagle

turtlesrock good job on those. That tricorder I thought was really good. I can't even draw a stick figure right!