iPad App Recommendations

Started by spaltor, June 08, 2011, 09:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Played a bit tonight, it's really fun! The graphics and controls are surprsingly good and the game is surprisingly deep. I think it's only 3 or 4 bucks, I recommend giving it a go!

Geekyfanboy

Getting my iPad tomorrow.. can't wait to start exploring it. I'll be sure to go through this thread and find all the cool apps everyone is recommending.

billybob476

I think it's been mentioned somewhere else but Skype released a native iPad version yesterday. The interface is much, much nicer for the iPad screen! It's free, but you have to go back to the app store and download the iPad version (it won't update to the native one, it's not universal) and then delete the iPhone version you may have already installed.

Dangelus

Yeah got it yesterday, much nicer looking. It's strangevthey just didn't update and make a universal app. I would think the basic functionality underneath the UI would be the same.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Dangelus on August 03, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
Yeah got it yesterday, much nicer looking. It's strangevthey just didn't update and make a universal app. I would think the basic functionality underneath the UI would be the same.

Yeah, I don't get it either, other free apps will do this and it makes little sense to me as to why...maybe it cuts down on the app's size?...

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

Here's some info and recommendations on how to record Skype calls from your iPad

http://www.labnol.org/software/record-skype-calls-on-ipad/19889/

QuadShot

Yeah, on that Skype for iPad...my profile menu is not there. Everything I read says to just click on your icon in the upper left...hmm, nothing there! The only thing I see is the "Tags" button. Nothing else. Pretty ugly app so far.

QuadShot

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 03, 2011, 12:08:27 PM
Getting my iPad tomorrow.. can't wait to start exploring it. I'll be sure to go through this thread and find all the cool apps everyone is recommending.
Didn't know you had purchased one. I thought you were just thinking about it. WiFi only or WiFi + 3G?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: QuadShot on August 03, 2011, 03:01:10 PM
Didn't know you had purchased one. I thought you were just thinking about it. WiFi only or WiFi + 3G?

Well with the theft of my netbook it left me in need. I got the 64GB with Wifi only

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 03, 2011, 03:05:33 PM

Well with the theft of my netbook it left me in need. I got the 64GB with Wifi only

Black or White?

King

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 03, 2011, 03:07:30 PM

Black or White?

King

Black, had an friend who works at Apple buy two of them for me. 1 for Harry at 15% off and the other for me at 25% off.. couldn't pass up the deal.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 03, 2011, 03:09:01 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 03, 2011, 03:07:30 PM

Black or White?

King

Black, had an friend who works at Apple buy two of them for me. 1 for Harry at 15% off and the other for me at 25% off.. couldn't pass up the deal.

Nice!  (On both counts) :)

King

QuadShot

Nice Kenny. Very nice. You're going to love it for sure.

Jobydrone

Grats Kenny, I know you will enjoy it!  I will be very interested to hear how you find working with the iPad for productivity tasks compares to the missing notebook. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

KingIsaacLinksr

Anyone got a good recipe app that you can enter your own recipes and preferably it shows up on your iPhone?  Been looking....

King