Got my hands on the 'Sting' Elven Sword from LOTR Today

Started by RickPeete, July 08, 2011, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickPeete

This is all your fault, Rico.  (That is what I told my wife when this showed up at the door)  ;)   I saw this sword in a recent photo from Rico and I knew I wanted it.  So thankfully I found one at a good price on eBay and I snagged it!

This is a Master Replicas Sting Sword FX Collectible, licensed from New Line Cinema.  It was cast from the same mold as the sword used by Frodo in the Lord of the Rings movies.  It has a polycarbonate blade which has a core that glows 'when Orcs are present' (or when you turn on the switch hidden in the hilt).  It also makes various battle sounds when swung or hits against an object, and it hums when the blade is glowing.

Pretty cool prop!  My son is enamored with it, of course! (And yes, I was able to post this along with the photo using my iPad!!!)

turtlesrock

woah. that's some prop you got there! :jawdrop and :D

Rico

It's a really great prop Rick and I was glad to "encourage" you to get one.  :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Anyone think that Rico's influence lately has been getting a little too strong?  Maybe we should search for the One Ring?  Who wants to bet its somewhere nearly by Rico coincidentally? 

;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

sheldor

billybob476

jedijeff

Rico

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on July 08, 2011, 09:21:08 PM
Anyone think that Rico's influence lately has been getting a little too strong?  Maybe we should search for the One Ring?  Who wants to bet its somewhere nearly by Rico coincidentally? 

;)

King

<waves hand>
"Tim, these are not the props you are looking for."

Rico

Oh, and did someone mention a ring?

Bromptonboy

You guys are all a bad influence on me!  Must ...fight ...compulsion ...to spend.....ughh!
Pete

Bryancd

Those MR Sting Swords were awesome! I gave two of them for Christmas to my Uncle and brother about 5 years ago or so when they first came out. Even my Grandmother got in on the fun! And these photos aren't pohotshoped, that's how bright those blades are!

RickPeete

Bromptonboy

Love it - and that is a proper hearth behind them.  :)
Pete

Feathers

You're arming your grandparents with swords now??

Sheesh! Americans... *shakes head* ...and I thought it was just guns.

;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.