USS Reliant, NCC-1864..

Started by Bryancd, July 24, 2011, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Forgot to mention, doing a little build up of the Polar Lights Reliant. :)

turtlesrock

Rico

That's nice Bryan, but that plastic model is blocking my view.  ;)

turtlesrock

Quote from: Rico on July 24, 2011, 06:24:05 PM
That's nice Bryan, but that plastic model is blocking my view.  ;)

LOL :laugh:

Feathers

I always liked Reliant as the first big screen realisation that there could be more than one design of Federation starship.

I still say you're going to need more display space.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jedijeff

Looking forward to seeing it when you get finished with your build.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on July 25, 2011, 03:25:14 AM
I always liked Reliant as the first big screen realisation that there could be more than one design of Federation starship.

I still say you're going to need more display space.

Me too, I always liked to see the realization of that idea which had been around since the original Strafleet Technical Manual book.

Bryancd

I must say this is a bit of an ill fitting model. Whereas Polar Lights big 1/350 Enterprise is very well engineered, this one is a bit wonky and I am going to have to Testor putty up the seams, but that's part of the fun! Decals on top of primary hull done as well as nacelles attached.

Rico

Looking good Bryan.  But, I think you have those hull numbers reversed.  LOL!  ;)

Rico

See what I mean - hehe!

stonut

oops  on the Decal front, but a nice model, you may need to build and extension soon to house all the collectables you have gathered.

Bryancd

Quote from: stonut on August 01, 2011, 03:19:20 AM
oops  on the Decal front, but a nice model, you may need to build and extension soon to house all the collectables you have gathered.

It's a laptop camera so it reverses the image, the registry is on right. Rico is teasing moi!

Rico

Yes!  I'm such a tease!  :)

Dangelus

Quote from: Bryancd on August 01, 2011, 05:11:30 AM
Quote from: stonut on August 01, 2011, 03:19:20 AM

It's a laptop camera so it reverses the image, the registry is on right. Rico is teasing moi!

Seriously man, get an iPhone! ;)