Sci-Fi Dating 101

Started by Jobydrone, September 26, 2011, 11:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

I'm bored at work so I thought I would ask this question to you all:

Assuming you were single and unattached, had unlimited finances at your disposal, and that all fictional characters were actually real, answer this:  What Sci-Fi/Fantasy character would you most like to take out for an evening on the town, and where would you go on your first date?  We don't have to be talking about romance here, you could always take someone out with no thought of romance in the equation.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Cool question. Now, are we talking just the fictional character or the actor or actress?

Jobydrone

My original thought was what fictional character, but your choice!  Even though I think most of us already know what actress you would choose ;)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on September 26, 2011, 12:07:13 PM
My original thought was what fictional character, but your choice!  Even though I think most of us already know what actress you would choose ;)

Lol!  Yeah, the actress is an easy choice.  Here are a few fictional characters that might be fun to have dinner with:  Troi and we could eat in Ten Forward, Carter from SG1 - pick a nice planet and Stargate there, and maybe Aeryn from Farscape.

Bromptonboy

Milla Jovovich as Lee-Loo on that luxury cruise through space....

Or a regeneration ship full of #6's.......heading anywhere..
Pete

ElfManDan

I'd have to say Faith from Buffy. Personally I like a little bad girl. Time frame I'd say Faith after she last appeared on Angel, I thought she was so awesome at that time in her storyline. And I have no idea what we'd do or go, but I'm sure some sort of fighting action related thing would work for us.

Rico

Can't believe you didn't pick Sarah from Chuck!

ElfManDan

Quote from: Rico on September 26, 2011, 02:34:29 PM
Can't believe you didn't pick Sarah from Chuck!

Got to think about age here in my case. I prefer girls my age when it comes to dating (even if I do sometimes like older woman). Also Chuck and Sarah are a much better couple. Speaking of that too I'd love to just hangout with Chuck.

MARKO

:(  My wife won't let me date........

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

Wow Leeloo is a great choice.  Milla was so unbelievably hot in that flick

Bryancd

I thought of Mila as well. How about Denise Richards in Starship Troopers? Kaylee from Firefly, super cute.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on September 26, 2011, 03:48:03 PM
I thought of Mila as well. How about Denise Richards in Starship Troopers? Kaylee from Firefly, super cute.
Yes, Denise is a good choice - but I might have trouble blanking Charlie Sheen out of my mind...not too much trouble though I think...:)
Pete

Jobydrone

There are so many good choices that I find it really hard to settle on one.  But my first thought is what I'm sticking with:  Galadriel from FOTR, and on our date I'd like to take a carriage ride through Lothlorien forest while she whispered in Elven into my ear.  Maybe not much fun for her but great for me :)

turtlesrock

good question. i'd say Data. not sure where though... maybe a holodeck hiking program?

spaltor

Captain Picard. Some cultural thing - opera or ballet or Shakespeare.
Daniel Jackson.  A museum.
Carson Beckett.  Somewhere quiet so I could listen to him talk.