Memory of Light - last Wheel of Time book

Started by Bromptonboy, December 22, 2011, 02:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

The last book in the Wheel of Time series is complete:

A Memory of Light is Complete

It's the news that fantasy fans have been waiting for: Brandon Sanderson announced Wednesday morning via Twitter that he has completed the first draft of A Memory of Light, the final volume in The Wheel of Time saga.
This past month, a panel of Wheel of Time experts has been speculating and theorizing about A Memory of Light. They've looked at the threat of the Shadow, the threat of everybody else, postulated on what may happen after A Memory of Light, made a wishlist of things we want to see in the final book, and thought about what legacy the Wheel of Time will leave behind. The roundtables wrapped up this week with possible numbers for a Wheel of Time musical!
Pete

Geekyfanboy

How many Wheel of Time books are there? It's cool that there is an actual end to the series.

X

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on December 22, 2011, 03:24:53 PM
How many Wheel of Time books are there? It's cool that there is an actual end to the series.
14 in total

Feathers

Do I want to read them? (I know nothing of the series and can't remember anything I may have read here).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Feathers on January 03, 2012, 08:48:36 AM
Do I want to read them? (I know nothing of the series and can't remember anything I may have read here).
I have a love hate relationship with this series.  The first book is like LOTR meets Dune - but it finds and looses itself a few times in later books.  Robert Jordan - the author - had some great ideas, but really milked this series out for all it was worth, and then sadly he died before being able to wrap up the series.  His left copious notes, and his estate brought in Brandon Sanderson to write the final few books.  Last one due out towards the end of this year.
If you haven't started, I don't think I would advise you to do so now.  But I would advise you to read the GRRMartin series from the beginning - if you are hankering for some epic fantasy - and great storytelling.
Pete